Chase your dreams, little one

I've made one mistake, they tell me I can't undo.
Just one wrong choice, and my life will forever be skewed.
I cannot follow excellence if my heart's not in it,
So listen please, oh no- I think my time has ended.

Yes, I chose Nursing on my own.
But I made the wrong choice, they pushed me on.
Saying I have to finish because I started this,
Closing all my options, disregarding my lists.

They already have it in their minds,
What I'll be, my job, pushing my own voice aside.
They already envisioned me as a nurse,
Well, have they thought about my heart and it's voice?

I think about my dream, of my heart's deepest desire,
With pens and papers, passion's lighting like fire.
But then I have to stop and halt my train of thoughts,
Because I will never have that life -- forever in sought.

Writers -- underappreciated, underpaid, not in demand.
Nurses abroad, payrolls, big cash on hand.
Big house, cars, tours and travels,
The life of an ordinary writer, couldn't enjoy such marvels.

But then again, I think and see,
What a wonderful life it will turn out to be.
If you do what you do, because you love it,
Not because of riches, houses, money and dresses.

It seems like it's too late to start a new,
So I'll have to endure and live, with choices a few.
But here's a promise I intend to wed,
To my child, your choices will not be limited.

Introduce you to a world of vast choices,
So that you'll become whatever your heart wishes.
Chase your dreams, my child,
Mommy wants you to have a happy, well-lived life :)

(PS: I'm not pregnant :) Just a future letter to my future child :) )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..