Weehee! My Results are in! :D

So, weeks ago, I went to different institutions to have certain blood tests done. If you read my previous blog, my doctor apparently had an initial diagnoses of either Acromegaly or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for me. And yep! I had my tests done! And just recently, the results arrived one by one.

I'm glad to report that my growth hormones are soooooooooo within the normal limits! So yehey for the elimination of Acromegaly! :)
Then my tests for PCOS came in (with estrogen, estradiol, testosterone, etc), and surprisingly, they all came back normal. However, I am quite doubtful with the results because days after and before the test, I had series of spotting sessions. I'm afraid if that caused some alterations with the results. Well, I don't really know anything at this moment, but I'm pretty sure I need to get an ultrasound to check whether there REALLY are cysts on my ovaries.

But one test turned out bleh! the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. The fasting one was okay but right after 2 hours postprandial, it was a little bit high. I guess I do need to lessen intake of sugars :(

That's all for today! I'm just happy!

Comments

  1. That's great that your levels came back normal! I got diagnosed with PCOS at 18 and it's rough but once they get everything situated with meds and whatnot, everything ends up falling into place! If you still feel like there is something wrong I hope they find it soon, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Golly! I didn't know I had a reader! Thank you! I wasn't really worried about PCOS, what heightened my fear was Acromegaly, but thank God it came up normal.

    What I'm concerned about with PCOS is the difficulty to conceive, and that just bums me out since I really want a daughter in the future. Nevertheless, I still really feel to the bottom of my heart that I have PCOS, I have most of the symptoms :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..