Stop bullying, save lives !

It's midnight and apparently I found myself across an old photo of mine 3 years ago from highschool that was posted by a highschool batchmate (3 years ago as well). I knew from the moment I opened that tab that this is going to turn into something ugly, and bang! There I saw the rude comments those people threw at me 

Ofcourse, I've read the comments in the past and I ignored it over and over again until such time that I accidentally stumbled upon it and reread the comments once more. It still stings. It hurts how people would just throw nasty comments at you just to amuse themselves without even thinking of how you feel and stuff. It's sad to know that you are made as a laughing stock, as if you were the board that people throw darts on.. 

I didn't ever imagine that what they did to me was bullying. Ofcourse I saw it as rude, hurtful and nasty stuff, but I didn't really think it was bullying. Maybe because of the presence of my close high school buddies back then. They didn't really leave me alone, they were always with me wherever I go within the school campus and I always talk to them. Maybe their presence lessened the effect of bullying some boys did to me.

And it got me thinking, I was lucky to have people surrounding me amidst all the arduous teasings and bullying, but how about other people then? The ones who really don't have some friends to turn to? The ones that are bullied in a worst case scenario? I worry about them. About their welfare, about how they perceive life, about how they cope up.

Sadly, most people who are bullied become socially incapacitated and withdraw themselves from the presence of the community. Some end up feeling pitiful about themselves, others fight back, some try to change themselves into something hideous and sadly, some resort to suicide. And this is what I am very very sad of.

People just need to stop bullying. You'll never know what that simple tease or that one nasty sentence you throw around would mean to some people. You'll never know how a single word can crumble another one's world down. You'll never know the effect of your own amusement to that of the "future" of the one you are having fun of.

I believe that when you bully someone you commit the crime of killing. Killing in a sense that you are slowly murdering the soul of a person, you are slowly impeding the person's maximum and optimum capability of self-actualization and success which means that the person you bullied will eventually view his or herself as a futile being with no purpose at all.

So my challenge to my generation, please raise your children well and teach them NOT TO BULLY. Teach them to stop this horrendous act. Our generation has been mercilessly bashed on because of what we've been doing/done. I think it's high time we prove ourselves worthy of life and get even one thing straight. RAISE OUR KIDS AGAINST BULLYING.  

STOPPING BULLIES IS LIKE SAVING A LIFE!
GO HELP AND SAVE A LIFE!
:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..