I thank God for the Cimorelli Family


There are a lot of things in my life that I am so thankful for. My family, my friends, my teachers, my computer, my phone, the person who invented the internet, etc, but this time I wanna thank God for this amazing brood of singers, oh not just singers, but an amazing brood of people. 

Yeah. I'm a CIMORELLI FAN (thumbs up!). And my story goes like this. One day, I was feeling all tired, depressed, down, insecure plus a hundred more unpleasant feelings . I went to YouTube to listen to Selena Gomez' "Who Says" for a sprinkle of anti-insecurity dose. After watching the vid, I went and see Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper", and then right there and then I see video thumbnail of six girls doing a cover of the song, so I clicked it and voila! I became a CIMFAN!

My personal favorites from all of their covers are Skyscraper, PERFECT! (I absolutely adore Perfect, and I came to know the song because of them! And their rendition was just beyond the word beauty).

Anyway, earlier this morning, Lisa (one of the members) tweeted about her Tumblr account. I, being a fan getting to know them, clicked and read it! And while I was reading her Tumblr blog I realized they were more than just a band of sisters who are amazing singers. They were sisters with excellent moral and spiritual foundation, and that is really an exemplary thing.You see, you can rarely find people/teenagers who value purity these days. 

I haven't had a boyfriend my entire life either, and never ever experienced dating before. And within this year, there were a couple of times that I bawled over that fact. I felt really insecure and started questioning why God made me like this. Like how He didn't make me pretty to be liked by boys, or how He didn't build me with a charismatic personality, and how He didn't instill a striking confidence in me and etc. I felt like I was the ugliest person I've ever known. But then when I read Lisa's Tumblr and her responses on FormSpring, I suddenly realized that what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have questioned God because God knows better than I do, and I should just wait for that amazing story God has written for me. :D

And I've struggled with issues of 'perfection' my whole life. I've pressured myself too much to become the 'perfect daughter' , the 'perfect friend' , perfect student, perfect niece, perfect grandchild, perfect of everything. And everytime I failed to be perfect, I took it soooo hard. It's pretty much difficult to take perfectionism away from me, but reading Lisa's entries and responses, it makes it easier in a way. It makes me realize that when you try to be perfect in the eyes of EVERY person you meet, you'd end up being a messed-up person whose list of insecurities is taller than a skyscraper. And I don't want that. 

These realizations wouldn't have been possible without the Cimorelli sisters/band, so Lord, with all my heart, I thank thee for such a wonderful blessing. I thank thee for Mike Sr. Cimorelli and Lynne Cimorelli for bringing up such talented kind-hearted, grounded, beautiful (in&out) children out of this world. I thank thee for helping them in reaching their goals, I thank thee for making their EP a hit! I pray that You will continue on blessing  them so that they can continue on sharing their talents and inspiring people along the way.

And once again God, I thank thee for the Cimorelli Family.


- Vee_kaycee (Vim)




P.S:
check them out here:

buy their EP on Itunes and Amazon  "The CimFam EP"








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..