Midlife crisis... at the ripe age of 21.

I don't know if it's a trend with millenials or if I'm really just freaking effed up, but yes, I had (or rather, still having) a "midlife crisis" at 21 (up to now.. I am 22 btw).

Back in college, I swear I had a really clear and fool-proof plan on how to go about my professional success. I was fairing really well, if I might say so.

But I don't know what happened when I started working in the hospital as a full-pledged, regular nurse. Something inside of me just went into disarray, and I knew I just had to quit. And quit I did.

Months later, I found myself back in Uni obtaining units enough for me to have a certification and qualification to become a professional secondary level teacher. Honestly, I wasn't really that enthused in the idea of being an educator, but I just kind of had to do something with my life. So yes, I was back in the university for one semester.

And then just before I was able to finish the semester, my Aunt called me and offered me a teaching position in a tertiary institution. Like what? Me? A teacher?  To college students who are all boys? I was taken aback and overwhelmed with the offer. I hesitated at first, but things just fell into place, and I ended up taking the offer.

Currently, I AM a teacher. Never in the entirety of my life did I ever envision myself as a teacher. Never. But life had another plan for me. 

However, I do not see myself as a teacher FOR LIFE. Of course, I enjoy what I do. But I just can't see myself in this line of profession for a long time. Truth be told, I miss being a nurse. The longer I stayed out of my medicine-related profession, the  more I realize how much I really do love it. I even get so excited whenever I am to go inside a hospital for random reasons. Silly. 

I am actually thinking of going back to the nursing profession after a semester or two. OR I MIGHT be enrolling myself into MEDICAL school. Yep. Med school. I haven't fully decided if I want to dedicate the next 4-6 years of my life buried inside mountains of books again, but I am highly considering it.

Or if not medical school, I am thinking of taking up a degree in Psychology. Another 2 years in uni, maybe?

I really don't know what EXACTLY is it that I want. I mean, I wanna be all of those things, if possible. But I'm no superwoman to be all of those things in one lifetime. As of now, I am still waiting for the results of my licensure exam for teachers that I took last September. 

Let's just see where my life would take me. I'm just praying that wherever or whatever I will end up to be, I just hope that I will be happy.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..