I'm more than grateful

I'm more than grateful for my life. Yes, I admit. I can be a total whiner sometimes. I whine about the littlest of things, like how I don't have this and that, of how I don't have a boyfriend, of how I ended up with what and things. Oh yeah.

But yesterday gave me a time to recollect. A time to take a look at my life and stop whining, instead, I started to become even more thankful.

Yesterday was spent with my ever-dearest close friends. I'm not usually the type of girl who loves to go out and hang out. I am an introvert who loves to stay at home and endlessly cuddle with my computer the whole day. But I strayed from my usual routine yesterday. I don't know why really, but I just felt this thing inside me that made me want to go out and have fun with my girls. I spent the whole afternoon at a close friend's house, and then came back to have another friend for a sleepover.

And seeing her asleep right now is sending multitudes of gratitude inside me.

You see, I'm such a complex person. I couldn't even figure out myself sometimes. There are times when I purposely shut myself from people and push them away from me as much as I could just because I don't want to get attached or I feel so alone with my life and such.

But this day made my heart swell so much with gratitude. The feeling of having these people in my life is so overwhelming. I couldn't even imagine having been friends with them for nearly 6 years of my life! They put up so much with me and my hormonal craze.

I have this friend (the one sleeping), we're not entirely "alike:", in fact she often mocks the things I love really and still we stuck together. This friend and I,  we fought a lot! Like we even went for 5 months without each other at some point, but here we are, still friends, laughing ourselves in my room, in the middle of night about silly things that happened in our lives! And there's this one who just puts up with me and my silly thoughts about my life, about my dreams and etc and says that I am weird but it's okay cause we are all weird in our own way anyway. There's also this  one who just contradicts everything I'm planning to say/do, making me rationalize and limit my impulsivity.

Oh good heavens! I love these people so much! They're my girls! They're one of the best things that ever happened to me! I'm so grateful for this thing called friendship! I don't know where I would've ended without them!

I may not have a boyfriend whom I can cuddle with in movies, but I do have friends who put up with my constant crying in the movies and will gladly watch it AGAIN with me. I may not have some of the best and luxurious things in the world but the laughs and tears they shared with me is beyond the wonders of money.

I'm just greatly overwhelmed right now. What have I done to deserve such fun, intelligent, witty and understanding friends?! I couldn't ask for more! I have such precious people in my life! Thanks Lord!

I may have been quite a trouble to them, but they chose to stay and accept me. My friends, I love you all! Thanks for everything! I'm more than grateful to have been graced by your presence in my life!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..