Status? Happily able to let go!

Oh the joys of writing about love!

The last time I updated about my lovelife (or lack thereof) was in 2012, and that was even before all the fiasco started. That was even before the memorable night of June 17, 2012; it was when I went crazily off my comfort zone and told him straight to the face that I liked him.

Remember how I wrote about telling him in order to get over him?

Oh boy. I was wrong. Because after telling him? I went back to zero. For real. I had to go through hell again, and that time was worse because I was facing the fact that he didn't want me in any way possible. But I can't hate him either, because he was such a darling and a sport right after I told him. He even gave me some wonderful words of wisdom to get on with my life, and strive for success. He told me to not focus so much on love, because I still had a year to fight to graduate college and become a nurse. He said that I shouldn't worry myself too much because it'll come at the right time.

-.-"

Anyway. Yes, I fought so hard against self-depreciation, depression, insecurity, and a lot more! It was harder because I was on my final year in college and I couldn't even concentrate on anything! To make the long story short, it took a year for me to get a grip on myself.

I really started getting over him after the night of June 3rd, 2013.

And I have really been moving on since then. Ofcourse there are still times and nights when I just feel hurt again; I guess it'll always be a part and parcel of me, no matter what will happen.

But you know what? The minute I saw him again? My heart didn't flutter as it used to. Yeah, I still feel a wee bit of a jump initially, but afterwards? It's like, nothing. Probably it's embarassment; I mean, who wouldn't feel that way after the things I did and said while on the process of getting over him? =)

Yeah. I'm single and totally loving the fact that my heart is now free from the chains of a 5 year-unrequited love!

And you know what? Getting my heart broken made me grow soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much as a person. Holistically. It was like I needed to get hurt in the worst way possible to just be who I am today! And I can't and don't regret everything that happened! I'm loving life right now, and everything's just so wonderful; everything's not perfect and everything doesn't make sense either, but I'm happy, my family's happy, my friends are happy, and that's all that matters to me.

:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..