The never-ending conflicting career paths...

Here's the thing, I just had a perfect day -- a perfect sugar-laden day, and I can't seem to get myself to sleep. Stupid sugar rush. So, I'd rather channel my energy through the wonders of words, because it seems like it has been ages since I last posted an entry.

I just attended my first ever graduation rites as a teacher today (well, yesterday), and it kind of sent me into yet another episode of "Vim career confused 4.0".

To nurse? To educate?

Back in June, when all was fresh and anew, I was dead set on leaving my nursing life (and license) behind since I had the enormous drive to practice the teaching profession. And I was happy.... for a while.

Not long after, I began to miss my nursing career and I did brush it off as  initial separation adjustment. However, the longer I stayed away from the hospital's realms and from wearing my white scrubs, the more I realized how much I love the nursing profession.

People almost always say this to me, "So you hated nursing? You're probably happier being a teacher now!" (or a variation or two of that statement). I just smile and nod as if what they said held the absolute truth.

On the contrary though, it doesn't. I am in love with nursing -- and I will always be in love with the medical world. In fact, I am falling deeper for it as each day comes and goes. Words cannot do justice on how much I love medicine, and if truth be told and I'm granted one skill to be given to me this instant, it'd be the skill of a bad-ass neurosurgeon or a trauma surgeon. I love medicine!

And because of that realization, I did say to myself that I will definitely go back to being a nurse after a maximum of two years in the teaching profession. I was dead sure.

But then again, life does like to mess things up for me.

Earlier, as I was witnessing my students being rewarded with their diplomas and see how happy they were, I couldn't help but let my heart soar with happiness and fulfillment. Of course I was not really a huge part of those students' successes because of the fact that I've only been with them for a semester. Nonetheless, to see the looks in their eyes, to see them grow (even in the short span of time I've known them), to see them succeed, knowing that somehow, you were able to touch and play a part on molding these young minds? It was just so beautiful. And for the first time in my teaching life, I felt fulfillment. I felt joy. I felt at peace.

Ironic, isn't it? Peace? But then it led me to a very troublesome place afterwards.

Nursing? Teaching?

If only I can find a job which will enable me to be a nurse and be a teacher at the same time! I love being able to help in bringing people to their optimum level of health, and I also love helping people to realize their optimum potential by means of education.

I do not have a solid plan as of now. I was thinking of getting a master's degree -- the question is which master's? Master of Arts in Nursing? or Master in Education? If only I can simultaneously take the two in order to let myself be at ease.

So as of now, I will just let go of all my worries and try to go with the flow, and hopefully something will happen that will really put a nail to the coffin when it comes to my decision making with regards to my career. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..