Hi, 2016! I think you'd be great for me!

Well. What do you know. Another year has passed.

2015 was way better than my 2014, and I'm more than thankful for that!

It wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, of course. It was beyond challenging!

Let's see, what happened within the year?

  • March - finished my qualifying course for education / diagnosed with a 10x10 cyst that apparently had to be taken out
  • April - gone through open pelvic laparotomy and got the cyst (and one of my ovaries taken out)
  • June - was offered a job (so imagine barely 2 months from recovering post-op and I was starting a new job, in a brand new profession. I had no idea how to be a teacher [I lived my bachelor's degree trained to care for the sick, not to teach in a classroom],  much more to an all-boy college population. It was definitely a challenge!)
  • September - took the national licensure exam for teachers (without having the leisure to review for it!
  • December - found out I passed said exam.
And to add to the mental and physical challenges stated above, a certain eating disorder bloomed into full force the last few months of 2015. I mean, I already had the ED about early 2014 but it wasn't really that worse. It got way out of hand the past few months, and instead of making me lose weight even more, I gained like additional 4-5 kgs because of it. Bummer, I know. I couldn't blame anyone for it because it was entirely my fault.

I wouldn't wanna divulge what ED is it, but it's neither anorexia nor bulimia. It's an understated ED which is apparently common among people who had lost significant amount of weight and is obsessed in maintaining or losing even more. It backfired on me, and it made counterproductive results. 

So, I decided to leave it in 2015 and not carry it with me this 2016. I know it's going to be hard as hell because it had been a terrible compulsion for me. I still have moments of weaknesses and temptations, but I am strictly getting rid of it. I know I can do it though, I know I have a huge chunk of discipline to battle it out. I just need to be back on the fitness track so as to regulate my moods and hunger pangs.

Anyway, so yes, I guess that's it for now.

New Year's resolutions? Leave eating disorder behind, embrace positivity and productivity, and write more.

And my promise to myself, live a healthier and fitter life.


I already have an inkling feeling that 2016 would be great for me. Far better than 2015 had been. Of course, there would be expected falldowns, but you know, I've always been a fighter and I believe I can get through whatever freaking challenge life has to offer.

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope all of our 2016s will bring forth joy, lessons, and happiness!

:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..