No matter what the weather, I know I have them!

I am not the most social person in the world, no. I have met hundreds of thousands of people in my half a century on Earth, crossed paths with a thousand faces, exchanged pleasantries with a hundred, but I have only been close to just a few packs of 10, and bound my heart and soul to a number far close to the number of fingers I have in my two hands. And yes, these girls are 4 of the 10 people I will gladly entrust my everything with.

We've been pretty tight for about only half a decade, but it seems like I've known them since the millisecond I emerged from my mother's womb. My college years became the best 600+ days of my life because of them. They bring sunshine to my darkest of days -- they take heartbreaks, disappointments and failures and convert them into belly-aching-that-your-eyes-tear-up laughter and a feather light heart.

These girls aren't perfect, of course. We have flaws. One is childishly immature, one is always busy, one is always late, one suddenly fades away and refuses to communicate for a long time, one gets immersed in her lovelife, and etc. We have habits and faults that make each other go ballistic. But despite everything, we accept each other, including these faulty wirings. We accept each other, no conditions asked.

These girls are the kind of friends you want to keep forever. But then again, they are pretty selective about the people they hang out with, so it is going to be hard to find a set of friends with such incredibility. The amount of talent and brains we have between each other is insane! You can ask "what's the difference between diabetes I and  diabetes II?", and "what are the requirements for a building to minimize fire damage", or "what do you think "time" is?", and "how can you maximize the use of a set of muscles in a workout?", or "what shade of lipstick goes with my outfit?", and "how do you perform ACLS and do ECG readings?, or "why do you think Hitler did the things he did back in the day?", and trust me, someone WILL answer that question for you -- in details that run as deep as the Marian's Trench! Just don't ask us to dance though, cause I think that's the only thing that we love to do but unfortunately suck at.

We were often viewed as the nerdy, goody-two shoed girls back in college. People think all we do in our spare time is study. Haha. We wish! We never get any studying done when we are together. All we do is laugh, and sometimes wallow in self-pity because of heartbreaks that happened way too long ago in the past. We don't sneak out night to party not because we don't dare to, but we just don't like to. We'd rather spend nights in doing sleepovers, singing the roof away from the house, or simply just sitting in and doing random things like painting nails, reading books (that don't concern our academics), arguing and debating about random things, or sleep.  Our definition of fun is just different from the majority.

Unfortunately though, we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like to anymore. "Adulting" is the primary culprit behind it, sadly. But we look forward to the day when we all get to live together in a decent-sized apartment in a big foreign city, doing the things we are most passionate about. As for now though, we have to endure distance and time separation and work our respective ways to fullfill dreams and check goals.

I know though, that whatever happens in life, I will always have four extraordinary people in this world as friends, sisters, crutches, laughter-sources, diaries, karaoke-buddies, co-tequila devourers, and just nearly everything else in between!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken promises...

launching..